Disney Song Book Tag!
A huge Thank You to Adrianna at For the Love of Books for tagging me!
1. A Whole New World: Pick a book that made you see the world differently.
There are a few, but Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demick haunted me for a long time. Reading it spurred me to action; I began donating to a humanitarian fund after reading this book.
2. Cruella De Vil: Pick your favorite villian.
That would definitely be The Bird from Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand. That guy scared me when I read the book. He was evil.
3. I Won’t Say I’m in Love: Pick a book you didn’t want to admit you loved.
Ummmm…..yeah……that would have to be Twilight by Stephenie Meyer.
4. Gaston: Pick a character that you couldn’t stand.
Yeah, we’ll go back to Twilight. Bella drove me crazy! I loved her, but oh my gosh, make up your mind already!
5. Part of Your World: Pick a book set in a universe you wish you could live in.
Harry Potter for sure! That would be awesome! The Adventurers Wanted universe would be a close second.
6. A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes: Describe what the book of your dreams would be like.
Hmmmm…this one is hard! It would have a handsome hero, a little fantasy, a little romance, a strong female lead character, and lots of great writing. Haha! I say that, but my all-time favorite book is Les Mis, and that doesn’t have any fantasy in it. So I guess I’m flexible. Great writing is very important in my perfect book!
7. Someday My Prince Will Come: What book character would you marry if you could?
Oh Man! Tough choice! (Blushing…) Rob from Susanna Kearsley’s The Firebird intrigued me. Many of Jane Austen’s leading men would also be on my list if I weren’t already happily married (20 years in a few months)!!
8. I See the Light: Pick a book that changed your life.
Reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini definitely took me out of my comfort zone and out of my naiveté. I’ve lived a very good, sheltered life, and this book definitely made me see the world differently. It made me count my blessings, for sure.
9. When You Wish Upon a Star: Pick a book you wish you could reread for the first time.
Oh wow! So many! How do I choose? I’d have to say Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. As a young woman I reread this series so many times! I loved every second of this series and would love to find that magic again for the first time.
10. I Just Can’t Wait to be King: Pick a book with some kind of monarchy in it.
The Selection by Kiera Cass. It’s a fun, entertaining series.
11. Colors of the Wind: Pick a book with a beautiful cover.
Fun! I loved the cover of Tiger’s Curse by Colleen Houck. The tiger is so beautiful! His eyes are mesmorizing.
A huge thank you to Adrianna at For the Love Of Books for tagging me! I enjoyed the change of pace!